Apply now by submitting a cover letter and resume with the names and contact information of three references to email@example.com. Please clearly indicate in your application how you meet the requirements for this role, and why you think you would be the best candidate for the role.
Entos Pharmaceuticals Overview
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing research on behalf of the company in a team setting. This includes designing and executing experiments, maintaining detailed records, and preparing reports and presentations based on the research findings. The successful candidate will be part of the Innovation/R&D teams at Entos Pharmaceuticals and will report directly to the team Lead Scientists. The successful candidate will be involved in one or more fields related to developing gene therapy candidates, such as novel delivery particles, novel chemical moieties, recombinant DNA technology, protein production (upstream & downstream), peptide design, and microfluidics.
The successful candidate will be working on-site at our state of art laboratory located in Torrey Pines, San Diego. This will be a salaried position and compensation will be determined based on the selected candidate’s skill set and experience level. Entos Pharmaceuticals offers health and dental plan and paid vacation. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
· Conducting in vitro experiments using diverse cell lines including primary cells.
· Routine molecular biology and Immunological techniques.
· Immunohistochemistry and RNAscope.
· Isolation of genetic material from tissues.
· Flow cytometry.
· Analytical techniques such UHPLC, DLS.
· A wide array of biophysical and biochemical assay technologies (such as ELISA, MSD)
· Animal cell culture for protein production and protein purification using AKTA chromatography system.
· Biochemical and/or biophysical assay design, development and validation
· Design and execution of screening campaigns. Data analysis and confirmation.
· Implementation of automated solutions for sample preparation and data analysis
· Interpretation of experimental results and communication of those results to cross-functional project team members in a clear and concise manner
· Technical leadership and participation in project teams
· Documentation of work in a digital notebook (ELN) and routine uploading of experimental results to a central database
· Transfer of assays to external CRO’s and scientific oversight of work at CRO’s
· Statistical analysis.
· Assistance in animal experiments.
· Taking care of other routine lab tasks.
· Laboratory safety practices
· This position requires lab work, frequent sitting, computer operation, standing, walking, talking, and hearing.
· Minimal business travel (including overnight stays and domestic and international travel) may be required as needed.
Desired Education, Skills, and Experience
· MSc /PhD degree in Molecular Biology, Biology, Biochemistry, or a related field.
Previous research experience in the above disciplines or related fields.
Expertise in tissue culture and molecular biology. Knowledge of command line, data processing, and statistical analysis.